In October of 1996 Russia will mark the three hundredth anniversary of
its Navy and one of the stellar events in its history.
Visitors from every country in the world will come to St.Petersburg for
the celebration of this anniversary. The main event will be the international
naval festival "Flags of all Nations" and will extend from July 13 to July 28.
An historic naval parade of international ships will inaugurate the
festivities, and the concluding event will be the naval parade of Russia's
chief maritime vessels. The Netherlands will mark the 300th anniversary of
its embassy in Russia.
Sails will be hoisted in celebration of the
International Cutty Sark Regatta on July 18.
The different sections of the Russian Pavilion at INTERNET'96 represent
the information data banks under the following topics of the historical,
business, and cultural life of St. Petersburg:
- St. Petersburg - the capital of Russian
- St. Petersburg at night
- St. Petersburg at day
- St. Petersburg - a world
center of education
- St. Petersburg Emblem (historical summary)
- St. Petersburg - a world center of culture
- Cultural centers
- St. Petersburg - Russia's center for tourists of the world
- Useful information
- Hotels of St.Petersburg
- Traditional festivals and celebrations
- A look at the people who run the governments of Russia and
- The "pearl necklace" of palaces: Petrodvoryets, Kronstadt, Lomonosov, Pushkin,
Gatchina, Vyborg, Schluesselburg Fortress, Kizhi and Valaam.