St.Petersburg invites you to the traditional festivals and celebrations
- January 1-7
- "Christmas Welcome in St.Petersburg".
Festivals of Christian art: Christmas songs at the concert halls and churches.
- February - March
- "Farewell to the Russian Winter" (Shorove-Tide).
Folklore amusements, concerts, troika rides.
- March, 2nd decade
- Children's music international festival.
In the program: "Virtuosos - 2000", "Music from A to Z".
- " St.Petersburg Music Spring".
Music pieces of St.Petersburg composers.
- May, last Sunday
- "City's Birthday". Festival of the city.
Fancy cavalcades, sail of Peter's flotilla, concerts, fireworks and "The Open Sky of St.Petersburg' balloons fiesta.
- From the middle till the end of June
- "Get-Together During St.Petersburg White Nights".
International festival of classical orchestra music and soloists.
- June 16-21
- "White Nights".
International festival of popular music.
- July, last Sunday
- "Navy Day".
Naval parade and sport tournaments on the Neva river. Visit to the ships. Fireworks.
- August 16
- "Aviation Day" festival.
Air show in the town of Pushkin. Demonstration of modern military aircraft on the land and in the sky, pilots-sport-masters participating, flights of aeroplanes, helicopters, sky-divers, glider-flyers.
- "Autumn Rhythms".
International festival of jazz music.
- "Festival of children's art".
- December 25 - January 2
- "Russian Winter".
New-Year's eve parties. Concerts, troika rides, New-year's trees.
RUSSIAN HOLIDAYS AND CELEBRATIONS
- January 1,2 - New Year's Day
- January 7 - Russian Orthodox Chrismas
- March 8 - International Women's Day
- May 1,2 - Holiday of Spring and Labour
- May 9 - Victory Day (World War II)
- June 12 - Independence Day